To create your free account, please enter your email address and password below. Please ensure your email is correct as you will recieve a validation email before you can login.
To log in to your account, please enter your email address and password below:
To reset your password, please enter your email address below and we will send you a link to reset it.
Want to play as Ryu and Ken's sensei? Capcom reveals the conditions required to play Gouken and Akuma...
Whilst the beat-em-up fraternity continues to revel in Capcom's brilliant Street Fighter IV, which launched on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 last Friday, the publisher's community website has released a breakdown for how players can unlock Akuma and Gouken as playable characters.
Breaking down the conditions and describing them as a throw-back to the good ol' days beat-em-ups, Capcom Unity reveals the quite substantial requirements to play as Akuma and Ryu's long thought dead sensei, Gouken.
Here we go...
To unlock Akuma as a playable character:
1. Unlock Cammy, Fei Long, Dan, Sakura, Rose, and Gen.
2. Pick a character you have already used to beat Arcade Mode.
3. Win all your matches without continuing and without losing any rounds before fighting with Seth.
4. You need to get at least one "perfect" win in a round, and more than one depending on how many rounds per match you are playing.
- 1 round match: 1 perfect round or more
- 3 round match: 2 perfect rounds or more
- 5 round match: 3 perfect rounds or more
- 7 round match: 4 perfect rounds or more
(including the last battle against Seth)
5. If you meet these conditions, Akuma will appear. Defeat him to unlock Akuma as a selectable character.
To unlock Gouken as a playable character:
1. Complete Arcade Mode playing as Akuma and watch (not necessary to watch everything) an ending.
2. Then, unlock Gouken as an opponent, and defeat him.
Necessary conditions to unlock Gouken as an opponent:
- Play with any characters with which you watched the ending once (so play using a character you have already beaten the game with)
- Do not continue at all.
- Do not lose at all. Not even one round (easier if you only play 1-round matches)
- Achieve certain number (or more) of "Perfect" rounds. The number of Perfect Win you need to achieve are:
- 1 round match: 1 time or more
- 3 round match: 2 times or more
- 5 round match: 3 times or more
- 7 round match: 4 times or more
- Achieve a certain number (or more) of Super Combo -OR- Ultra Combo Finishes. Super and Ultra finishes both count toward this number. The number of super/ultra finishes you need to achieve are:
- 1 round match: 3 times or more
- 3 round match: 5 times or more
- 5 round match: 7 times or more
- 7 round match: 9 times or more
- Achieve certain number (or more) of First Attack (this means you must score the first strike in a match--the screen gives you the "First Attack" message, and you can mostly do this without even noticing):
The number of First Attack you need to achieve are:
- 1 round match: 5 times or more
- 3 round match: 10 times or more
- 5 round match: 15 times or more
- 7 round match: 20 times or more
- Then Gouken will appear. Kick his butt to unlock him!
TVG Store - Finding you the cheapest price for:
Street Fighter IV
Base.com £25.37 Sold by BaseTrade Seller: MoviesAndGamesUK. Buy From Here
Gameseek £22.96 In stock Buy From Here
Gameseek £22.96 In stock Buy From Here Base.com £39.97 Sold by BaseTrade Seller: FOREMATT. Buy From Here