To create your free account, please enter your email address and password below. Please ensure your email is correct as you will recieve a validation email before you can login.
To log in to your account, please enter your email address and password below:
To reset your password, please enter your email address below and we will send you a link to reset it.
Atari's operations will be limited to the US only as Namco Bandai makes a move to acquire Atari Europe...
Atari's global operations will soon be narrowed down to the US only as Namco Bandai is reportedly set to acquire Atari Europe from parent company Infogrames next month.
Having already acquired a 34 percent stake in Atari Europe last year, Namco Bandai is now expected to purchase the remaining 66% of the company next month (reports MCV), when it will be swallowed up by the newly formed Distribution Partners (a.k.a. Namco Bandai Partners).
Namco Bandai intends on distributing its titles throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand through this Distribution Partners firm, although early reports indicate that Atari Europe's current sales and marketing staff will be retained in the transition.
"We believe that DP will become a wholly-owned Namco Bandai games company soon, but this process requires time and we will comment further when we have an anticipated closing date," said Atari's European marketing boss, David Miller this week.
Atari Inc., the publisher's US division, will remain independent following the acquisition and is set to become the organisation's HQ, with Infogrames remaining as its parent company. Atari Inc. will now focus on its role as an online-centric content producer and retains its Cryptic studio, which specialises in MMOs, and an additional London studio that was opened in September.
Distribution Partners is now set to handle all Atari produced titles in Europe and eastern territories, which will include all non-PlayStation versions of Atari's Ghostbusters game, which are due later in the year.
TVG Store - Finding you the cheapest price for: